Friday 28 February 2014

Key Photograph No. 1


My planned intention for this initial series of photographs was to take photos of each character multiple times for a variety of positions to choose from and to form them together into one shot individually to make each of them adjustable.

I have chosen a mid-long shot on the character photos to show each characters' appearance and their unique items and skills. I also chose to centralise them to make it easier for editing.


I chose this photo out of the rest as it was the closest position to what I had in mind. The stance was more relaxed and the arm was more lowered, indicating some traits from the character.

Not taking away too much space by raising the arm makes it suitable to fit with the other characters for the poster and DVD box covers. The phone is the most visible among the others helps show the main ability of the character along with its own edits.


I cropped the photo to make it more centred and no negative space. I added image adjustments such as the brightness/contrast to darken the overall photo and cures to let the dark areas spread, creating shadows.

I considered the shadows to be a success as I did not know how to darken it without the use of the studio light. The quality was large enough and the lighting was as dark as I wanted it to be.



The photograph is one of the most important for the contribution of the covers as it is the main image for the poster and DVD box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.